The images captured by Jon are done with thought, creativity, and an undying passion to encapsulate the rare moments. As a retired Soldier of 23 years he translates a Soldiers’ value system and work ethic into a creative essence; striving to recreate the moment in an authentic digital image. A value system forged while serving in the U.S. Army he places honor, integrity, and loyalty foremost in his art, work and relationships.
“Photography, for me, is a personal journey…an examination of nature in its finest detail. My personal photography goal is to provide a perspective witnessed thru a camera lens that elicits excitement, wonder, curiosity, hope, and distress for our natural surroundings. We walk through life and do not really see all the incredible details.”
He hopes to capture the rapidly depleting natural resources, endangered creatures, and vanishing cultures in all areas of the world.
A graduate of the Academy of Art University in San Francisco the plan is to continue to travel and broaden his experiences and portfolio. Having traveled on every continent (with the exception of Antarctica) and through the positive interactions with numerous cultures he offers a unique perspective for the cameras.
- Travel and staff photographer for Surf Camp Inc.
- Staff photographer for lifestyle magazine Livin-Out-Loud
- Multiple covers 2010, 2011, 2012
- Interior images 2009 – Present
- Contributor Alamy.com stock agency – Stock photography by Jon McLean at Alamy
- Contributor PhotographersDirect.com stock agency – Stock photography by Jon McLean at Photographers Direct